The New 24kW Generac Guardian, the Most Powerful in its Class
The new 24kW Generac Guardian backup power generator is at the apex of air-cooled standby generators. The same, proven 999 cc engine that powers the 20kW and 22kW powers the 24kW Generac Guardian. Sold in two models, the 7210 comes with the new PWRview Automatic Transfer Switch, the first ATS with Generac’s Home Energy Management System. The Generac 7209 is a stand-alone model without the transfer switch.
The PWRview transfer switch provides similar power management capability as previous models, but with the added benefit of monitoring home energy use through of an app. Monitoring and altering your energy consumption can lead to a potential 20 percent reduction in energy use, lowering annual energy costs enough to recoup purchase costs over the life of the generator.
The new 24kW Generac has the same footprint as the 16kW and meets the same NFPA requirements for 18-inch to home installation. Using up to 70 percent less space than comparable liquid-cooled generators and a 50 percent smaller footprint, the Generac 24kW is a perfect fit for small backyards with tight lot lines. Larger homes that might otherwise require a commercial generator can look to the 24kW for savings on space and cost. Purchase and installation can save over $8,000 versus a comparable liquid-cooled model. Savings include a lower purchase cost, equipment use, and labor, and no crane is generally needed for positioning. The 24kW generator does not require a poured concrete pad and can sit directly on the included base – although elevation is sometimes necessary for local code or in flood-prone areas.
24kW Generac Guardian Features and Benefits
- Generac included the same features on the 24kW Generator as other Generac Guardian Generator models like Aluminum enclosure and standard installation details to reduce installation costs.
- The 999 cc G-Force 1000-Series Engine has plateau honed cylinder walls and plasma moly rings to reduce operating temperature. A fully pressurized lubrication system for better performance and less maintenance. Low-oil-pressure shutdown prevents engine loss if the oil level drops. Cast-iron “Spiny-Lock” cylinder heads add rigidity and durability for long engine life.
- Low-Speed Quiet Test reduces noise during exercise cycles to 57 dBA. User selectable exercise cycle runs weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly for five minutes. Exercise lubricates the engine, ensures fast starts, and runs a self-test to detect any issues.
- Mobile Link WiFi Connectivity included for remote generator monitoring. Receive generator status and notifications on your mobile device or computer. Schedule dealer maintenance and view generator logs. Connect with your local service provider and let them worry about maintaining your generator.
- Generac Guardian Generators are made in Whitewater, Wisconsin. Generac’s Customer Call Center located just outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin, near the corporate headquarters and is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and solve problems.
- Guardian Generators include NEC required shutdown switches, the only air-cooled generators to implement the 2017 code requirement.
- The Generac 7210 and 7209 Standby Generators produce 24kW continuous power on LP (propane) and 21kW on Natural Gas.